Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Weekend Recap

We had a VERY busy Christmas weekend...
It was lots of fun but kind of stressful too...


Santa came to visit Miss Ellie early this year because I had to work on Christmas Day and we wanted to be able to enjoy her playing with all her new toys...
I know that she is only 8 1/2 months but she really did seem very excited about all her new toys.
I put her down in the living room and she smiled really big and crawled over to pile of goodies that Santa had left for her...
Here are some pictures of our " Christmas" morning...






After spending some time with our Santa gifts we packed up and headed to Starkville Mississippi to spend time with my Mom's side of the family.
This is always such a fun time for us.
We love going to Starkville because we have been going there as long as I remember.
Matt and I also love it because that is where we went to school and it is always so much for for us to go back and see how different everything is now.
We got there around lunch and stopped at Bulldog Deli for lunch...yum!
Then we headed over to my Grandparents...
The kids went outside and played for a while because it was just TOO crowded and wild for everybody to be inside.
Here are some pictures of Ellie and her cousins playing in the leaves...






That night we ate a delicious dinner and opened presents.
It was fun seeing all the little babies and seeing the older kids so excited about Santa.


Here are some pictures from Christmas Eve...








Our plan was to spend the night in Starkville and wake up early and drive home so Matt could drop me off at work...but Matt got the stomach virus and Ellie would not sleep...so we packed up and headed back to Birmingham on Christmas Eve about 10pm...
On Christmas Day, I went to work and Matt spent the day at his parents. They had some beautiful snow at his parents house...I hate I missed it. He sent me pictures of Ellie eating snow balls...ha!



When I got home from work I got a little nap...yay!
Then we took some pictures and headed over to his parents house.
Here are some pictures of us in the snow!!




We had a great time at Ellie's Mamaw and Pawpaw's house.
Cindy made a Pioneer Women turkey and it was SO good.


Here are some pictures from Christmas Night...



I had to work on Sunday and after I got off work we headed back over to Matt's parent to do Christmas with his Mom's side of the family. We had a good time. Ellie had fun playing with her little cousin Clay.
I forgot my camera...so no pictures from this get together...
So now after 6 family Christmas get togethers...I think we are finally finished with Christmas...
Until Next Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment