Monday, February 28, 2011

Mimi


Tomorrow would have been my Mimi's 82 birthday.
It is still so hard for me to believe that she has almost been gone for two whole years.
Sometimes when I see cars like the one she drove I still look and make sure it is not her.
It's crazy really...
And sometimes I think...gosh I need to call Mimi and then I remember she gone.
I think the saddest thing...the thing that makes my heart ache so is thinking that Ellie will never get to meet my sweet Mimi. She will never be able to hear her cackle laugh or taste her fried dressing or watch her make beautiful things on her sewing machine.
We can always tell Ellie stories about our Mimi...but it will never be the same.
After Mimi died...at her funeral I had SO many people come up to me and tell me what an amazing person she was. Everybody had something different to tell me about what she had done for them or what she had made for them or a prayer group they were in together or a bible study they were doing together. It was special for people to tell me this but it also made me even more sad about her being gone because I realized she was an even more amazing women of God than I had known. It was just overwhelming to me how many people's lives she impacted.
So tomorrow I will think about my Mimi and I will miss her so much.
I will wish so, so badly that we could be together eating lunch and going to Old Time Pottery to celebrate her birthday.
And I will be telling my sweet Ellie about her Mimi's birthday and how I wish so badly they could have known eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment