Monday, April 14, 2014

Las Vegas

Last week we took a kid free trip to Las Vegas!
We have never been that far away or away that long from either one of the girls.
We did really miss them. We kept saying.." oh they would love this" or " they would be doing this or that" It was nice to get away though and I was reminded when I saw other people with children how nervous I would be to have the girls with me there. I could just imagine the questions that Ellie would have had :)
 
We were out there for a recycling convention for Matt's work but we took a day to go see the Hoover Dam and it was a great trip. We have flown over it before but never seen it up close and it was very impressive.
 
here are some a ton of pictures from our trip...
 


 
the girls would have gone CRAZY if they had seen the m&m store!!



inside the power plants at the hoover dam...







 
this was a chocolate factory that we stopped at on the the way back of the dam...
the chocolate there was delicious and they had lots of samples which makes me happy :)


 
cactus botanical gardens...need I say more



Eifel tower!
I am afraid this may be the closest I am going to get to the real thing...
 
Bellagio...I had forgotton how much I liked the fountains there.

 
My new favorite restaurant.
It is called MESA Grill. It is Bobby Flays restaurant.
We ate there in the Bahamas and then saw that he had one here and we HAD to try it. It was great!!
the only one I have left to eat at in the one in NYC :)

chocolate fountain in Bellagio...
Yum!! I would love to stand under one of those and open my mouth!!!
 
we had a fun time but we were super happy and ready to be home and see our girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment