Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Homemade Oatmeal Cookies

Yesterday our neighbor has knee surgery so I thought it would be a good idea to make cookies. I usually make and LOVE chocolate cookies, but for some reason I decided to make oatmeal instead. I and glad that I did because they were delicious! I only made one batch because I knew I would eat way too many if I made two batches. I did have some left over after I filled up the plate for our neighbor, so I got to eat a few. Matt must have really like them too because he brought the rest for breakfast this morning.






Homemade Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

1 t. vanilla

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

3 cups oatmeal


Preheat oven to 375.

Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour soda and salt in separate bowl. Add to butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in oats. Bake 8-9 minutes for chewy and 10-11 minutes for crispy.


Hope you enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment