Friday, July 17, 2015

Navarre Beach 2015

We left the lake and headed straight south until we saw blue.
Our first stop was Joe Patties in Pensacoola to pick up 12 pounds of shrimp... That will tell you what a crowd we had down there :)

Every year for the last 25 years we have been making this trip with my Moms family. Every year seems the same like it's so familiar down there but every year is different. We always talk and fear about what the next year will bring. Who will be there and who will not. Who will have a new baby, who will still be married, who will be able to get off work, who will still be around. The last few years have been very hard and we have had to go one without some very special people but this year was for me the hardest because we had to go on without my sweet Grandaddy. It was like there was a huge void there. I kept thinking I would look up and see him and granny waking down to the beach or come up from the condo and he would be sitting on the couch. The memories that I have of him downthere are so precious to me but also they hurt so bad. 

Every year Granny and Geandaddy always go to Joe Patties and get shrimp for supper... And so true tradition continues. 


And we have a picture to prove it :)

This little girl was not happy about the stop and was ready to get to the beach to see her cousins...


The week was filled with cousins, food, sun and water...






My mom had a new kayak and the girls loved trying it out on the bay..


Matching braids thanks to Aunt Leigh 


We have started every year going to eat at Flounders in Pensacoola...
It is a great outdoor restaurant  and perfect for the kids. The restaurant is built around the playground... How smart is that?!?




More coins pictures...


The end of the week was water was just about as perfect as I have ever seen it. So calm and blue....



We wrapped up the trip with a night of crab  hunting...
Which of course included Princess headlights  :)


I told my mom before we left that at least this year was over and I hope and pray that next all of our family would be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment