Sunday, December 6, 2015

Carpenter Thanksgiving

Following tradition... We had thanksgiving at my moms house the Saturday after thanksgiving.

I made carrot cake 😍
It was 4 layers this year and more delicious than ever.

This year has been a very difficult year for our family. There are so many relationships that feel and are broken right now. It breaks my heart if I stop to think about it long enough. Also, the idea of thanksgiving without my Grandaddy there was almost impossible to imagine. The whole day and week actually it seemed like we were missing something. And we were. It will never ever be the same without him here. But we will continue to carry on with what we do and how we do it because that is how he would have it. 
And I love knowing Ellie and Annie will grow up with so many memories of getting together and the traditions we have created throughout the years.

We enjoyed our time together. 

I was so excited to see this sweet face.


The cousins ate and played and ran and jumped and giggled ( and even argued a little)






This boy cooked the best turkey he had EVER cooked. And he tried not to brag about it but he just couldn't help himself.


The weather was perfect for being outside...







And we also met our newest cousin... Baby Everett. 


" Praise God from who all blessings flow"

No comments:

Post a Comment