Friday, November 19, 2010

We are ready...


We have got all our Thanksgiving decorations up and now...
We are just waiting!
I love Thanksgiving and this time of year.
It brings back lot of wonderful memories of when I was little.
We use to always go to my Granny and Grandaddy's house in Starkville. I love it there!
I remember Grandaddy getting up in the middle of the night to put the turkey on the smoker...I always thought that that was so funny.
I also remember the BIG game ( MSUVS OLE Miss.) that was always going on when we were in Starkville. We usually never went to it but you could just feel the excitement around Starkville on that game day.
On Thanksgiving Day me and my three sisters would crawl into my grandparents bed and watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade. We loved it! It was such a fun special time that I will never forget.
On the day after Thanksgiving we would try to go shopping in Starkville but that is pretty difficult because the only thing that Starkville really had at that time was Wal-Mart, but we went anyways...and we liked it!
It was so much fun being there my mom and dad and sisters and aunt Kelly and her kids and my Granny and Grandaddy. We still get together with everybody for Thanksgiving but we don't usually go to Starkville anymore...it is very sad but it is just so hard for everybody to get over there. So instead everybody comes to Birmingham to celebrate. We will be doing that the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I cannot WAIT!
I hope we will continue doing "traditions" so that Miss Ellie will learn to love them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment