Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pumpkin carving tradition

We had my family over Thursday night for our ___ annual family pumpkin carving get together. 
I always wonder why I volunteer my house ever year :)  it's fun but it's hectic when you have 5 kids under six playing with pumkin parts and slime and wanting extravagant pumpkins carved. I like to give my kids the option of a scary face or happy face and let it be that simple. I hope they haven't got any grand ideas from the other night as far as how pumpkins should be carved because this momma likes to keep it simple. 



We did get a little over board on decorating the dirt cake this year. Ellie helped me and she wanted to use all the scary things in the bag. 


Isn't it scary?!?
But the best part is it was delicious. Who knew dirt could be so good :)

We carved outside this year. I was thinking the mess was be more manageable of it was outside. And it was... Or for me it was because Matt took care of the cleanup since  it was outside. Yay!











Scary faces....





And here are our finished pumpkins all lit up.
Aren't they cute?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment